Sunday 18 December 2011

Here come the Girls


When we went to Holland, we often spend the days visiting family & seeing friends. It is always a busy time, this year especially as we hadn't had a chance to go over at all this year until Sinterklaas.

I find myself strangely missing my trips to see The Wonderful One when he lived in Holland. I miss strolling around Amsterdam, visiting museums, sitting in Cafes watching the world cycle past, & taking a million photos of the stunning Dutch canal houses.


One of the highlights of the airport is the tiny Rijksmuseum, We went last year, newly married and saw these beauties. This time we had a extra little Pip to show around!


As I walked toward the museum I looked up and saw these wonderful ladies...I was like a child at Christmas...the excitement as I walked up the stairs made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I am a huge fan of portraits, and to be in a room filled with the most beautifully painted ladies...well, I was in heaven!


She was my favorite...a navel captains wife, his safe port. She was dripping in pearls, and had the most intricate dress on. I wanted to hold out my hand and touch the lace in between my fingers.


She has the most sparkling ring on her pinky finger...I could have stood in front of her all day... One day I will own my own beauty like her, I shall greet her every morning like an old friend.


Even the frames on these girls are a work of art...I could almost smell the roses in this one, hear her silk crinkling as she posed for her painting...


I can imagine her thinking...'will he paint a good likeness, will be make my nose smaller, my cheeks rosier?'


The details are breathtaking... I wish I had a fraction of their talent.


Pip also loved these girls...s/he was bouncing around merrily. 
Maybe Pip will paint me my own beauty, who I will greet every day
Only time will tell.
xxx 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...